701st Brigade - Support Battalion

As part of the modular transformation, Division Support Commands were replaced with a division level sustainment brigade and each of the division's maneauver brigades would gain an organic support battalion. The 701st Main Support Battalion was inactivated and eventually reactivated as the 701st Brigade Support Battalion, part of the 4th Brigade Combat Team, 1st Infantry Division. The unit was organized with a Headquarters and Headquarters Company, a supply company, a maintenance, and a medical company, and 4 forward support companies (D-G), attached to the maneuver units in the Brigade. The 701st Main Support Battalion had been organized around 5 companies, as well as having the 12th Chemical Company attached to the Battalion.

The 701st Brigade Support Battalion was first activated on 5 October 1917, as Machine Shop Truck Unit #332. In 1918 it was redesigned as a Service Park Unit and on 1 July 1920 the unit was assigned as a part of the 1st Infantry Division.

1ID Social Media and Reference
Facebook
701st Brigade - Support Battalion Training Support Business Center
Large format printing ATS Training Aids
ATS Merchandise ATS Apparel